Saturday, February 14, 2015

I'm such a dork!

The day is here that I've been dreading! Let me tell you something.. NEVER underestimate the power of a Heavenly Father who loves you!

I am a part of these groups on Facebook that are so hard to explain. I really wish I could, but you might not understand it if I did.

The people in those groups have blessed me more than I can explain!

I got mail for the past two weeks. Valentine cards and a gift!

I was instructed to wait to open the gift until today, so that's what I did.

See, God knows our hearts. There is a Scripture that even says He doesn't look at our outside, He looks at our hearts.

In the book of Samuel, God was looking for a new king. Saul went AWOL and was doing his own thing. Samuel went to Jesse's house for God to pick the new king from his sons. Samuel thought God would pick this tall and handsome guy. This is what God said to him:

"1 Samuel 16:7(NIV)
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
God looked at my heart, and knew it was down in the dumps this week. He planned AHEAD of time, mind you, for me to receive these gifts and open them on Valentine's day.
He knows just what we need, right when we need it.
I have no idea why I continue to be side swiped by His love. 
You'd think after all I've been through that I'd get it. 
I can tell you this. I'm so thankful He continues to bless and love me!
God is my Valentine! He loves me more than anyone else on this planet anyway!
He's your's too, you know? He loves you just as much as He loves me.
Happy Valentine's day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment