Friday, February 13, 2015

The Desires of Your Heart


Psalm 37: 3 & 4 say, "Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Do you think this means that God is some genie in a bottle just waiting to grant your wish?

It's not.
Sorry to bust your bubble that way.

I think it's a combo deal.

Trust + do good = safe 

Delight in God = getting the desires of your heart

NOW... let me say this.

Bad things still happen to good people. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

This is not a "get out of trouble free" card.

I believe that God is telling us that He is always with us and He wants us to rely on Him.
He wants us to stop trying to live life on our own.

I do believe that God will protect us from things. There are countless stories I can tell you of what He's done for me, personally. My two miscarriages could have caused significant damage to my body and caused me to never have children, but God protected me from that. 
I have three healthy teenagers now. 
(Please pray for me! Can you imagine? What was I thinking? LOL)

I believe that God knew my desire to be a mom. And I also believe He knew my desire to not leave one child alone. (I am an only child and still wish I had siblings.)

God knows the desires of our hearts.

I believe, if it's something according to His plan for us, He will give them to us.

One of my desires now, is to be loved by a man. Really, truly loved for who I am. To be accepted with all my nerdiness and quirks. Somewhere, somehow, I believe God will give me that desire. I don't think it's too far "out there" or anything. God is love. I know He loves me. I know my parents, children, family and friends love me. 

Also, for the first time in my life. I LOVE ME!
Maybe that's all God has been waiting on.

His timing is always right. It's just never when we expect it.

Another desire I have is to adopt. I want to take a little girl that no one else wanted, love her, and teach her about God. I think He will give me that desire too.

What are some of your hearts desires? I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment