Monday, February 16, 2015

Shh!! Did you hear that?

I have three teenagers, 5 dogs and a meowing cat. My house is rarely quiet. 

Yesterday, the kids were all gone and I was alone. It was an afternoon that I was good alone. Sometimes, I'm not. I'm an extrovert, and I recharge/ draw energy from other people. I have my times though, where I do like peace and quiet.

This morning, in my Jesus Calling devotional, it said, "Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you. Although you feel cut off from the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms."

Sometimes, God speaks to us in a whisper. You can't hear a whisper over others talking, the TV, the music on your cell phone, etc.

We need to make a point to be quiet sometimes... and really listen.

The enemy wants you to stay busy, noisy and unfocused. He wants you to stay "off line" with God so that you won't be doing what God has had planned for you.

I know how life is. It's hard to find the quiet...but you can. Get up earlier before everyone. Or stay up a little later. Pray, read the Bible or a devotional book and really listen for what it says.

I used to not have a quiet time at all. I was a stay at home mom for years with the kids, and they kept me busy. One day, over the phone, one of my close friends prayed for me to get a hunger for God's Word, and I got it. Now, it's rare for me to get up and not take the time to pray and read something that inspires me and draws me close to Him.

If that's something you struggle with, you can do the same. Ask God to give you a hunger for His Word. He will. He wants you to read it and take the time to hear Him. 

I will take a minute and pray too:
Father God, please be with every single person who reads this blog. I ask that You give them a hunger for Your Word. Grow that desire for them to spend quiet time with You on a daily basis. Their life really will change when they sit at Your feet and learn each day. I've experienced it. Thank You for what You are about to do in all of our lives. Thank You that I can freely write this blog about You and have all kinds of people read it. It's my prayer that they learn what You are really like. In Jesus name, amen.

Start off with 5 minutes a day. There is no right or wrong. He's waiting and wants to talk to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment