Monday, February 2, 2015

Jesus Is NOT a product!

My Pastor's message yesterday was pretty powerful! 
This is one big thing that jumped out at me. 

"We feel like we aren't smart enough about our faith. We've reduced talking about God to a sales pitch so that people think Jesus is a product you TRY!"
 ~ Jason Spears

I, personally, have a problem with ministries who walk up to people on the street and ask them if they died today where would they go. I believe this is a scare tactic and not a way to introduce people to the loving God who sent Jesus to die for our sins. I also think sometimes, we see people in a rough spot, and try to convince them that things would be better if they tried Jesus. We need to build relationships with people. You have to earn the right to speak into their lives.

The truth is, life sucks sometimes.

We all have problems. Being a Christian does not give you "Get out of trouble FREE" card.

However, being a Christian means you have a relationship with someone who can turn things around for your good. If you have a church home, it also means you have a whole other family who will help you through the rough spots.

We don't have to "witness" to people and be Bible scholars.

Just live your life fully devoted to God, tell them what He's done for you and let people see how you handle the bad parts in life. 

I've heard people say, "You bounced back after your divorce." and "You really have not had to struggle." 

I HAVE struggled. People don't know the nights I cried myself to sleep and the rejection I felt. Bouncing back though.. you're darn right I did! You know why? Because you can't keep a good woman down! AND because I have a loving Heavenly Father who has been here for me and walked me through it. I have family and friends who have also been here for me.

Is there someone in your life that needs to know they are loved by a Heavenly Father who will be there for them always? Take the time to tell them. Don't "sell" Him. Don't reduce Him to just try Him and see what you think. Let them know that a life with Christ was the best decision you ever made!


No comments:

Post a Comment