Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Do you struggle with trust?


In my reading this morning, I ran across this gem, "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."

Trust can be a difficult thing for some people.

I know in my life, humans have broken my trust, and it's very hard to get back.

The problem with trusting God is, you can't see Him.

It's hard enough to trust someone you can see face to face. 
So trusting an unseen God, how is that possible?

This particular Psalm was written by David. The very first king of Israel was Saul. God didn't really want them to have a king, but they insisted, so He allowed it. Saul was doing really well for awhile, then he started disobeying God. 

God was ready for a new King, so He anointed David, while Saul was still in office. 
(Insert movie music here... dun dun dun.)
 Of course, this freaked Saul out. He went on a rampage and tried to kill David for years.

All David could do was trust that God would keep His promises and watch over him.

David couldn't see God either.

The key here, is actually your past.

As well as realizing that the trust part is trusting that God will do what He says He will.

When you look back over your life and you really give God credit for what He's done, it's easier to trust Him. I realize that trusting Him is putting your heart out there. I can tell you from experience though, He will not break your heart.

In Numbers 23:19, it says, 
"God is not human, that He should lie, not a human being that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?"

God has our best interests in mind. He knows our hearts. He knows what we need. Therefore, we can trust Him with our entire life.

You can't just trust Him with a little bit of it. "Ok, God, I will trust You with some of my decisions in life, but not everything. The money, yeah, that's mine. My children, they are mine too. You just stay over there and bless me. I will live how I want and do whatever I want besides that stuff."

No, people. That's not how being a Christ follower works.

You've got to TRUST Him with EVERYTHING!

I know it's hard. I will be the first to admit that I struggle in some areas of my life to trust Him.

However, He has done so much for me. I know His track record. I know the blessings He has poured out on me. It would not be smart if I just tried to live my life on my own.

Give God a chance. Won't you?

He loves you so much. You can trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment