Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Are you too busy?

I am going to type up my Jesus Calling devotional for you all this morning. 
It really spoke to me today!

"Trust Me enough to spend ample time with Me, pushing back the demands of the day. Refuse to feel guilty about something that is so pleasing to Me, the King of the universe. Because I am omnipotent, I am able to bend time and events in your favor. You will find that you can accomplish MORE in less time after you have given yourself to Me in rich communion. Also, as you align yourself with My perspective, you can sort out what is important and what is not.

Don't fall into the trap of being constantly on the go. Many, many things people do in My name have no value in My kingdom. To avoid doing meaningless works, stay in continual communication with Me. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you."

Some days, I take a long time with God. I pray, read my Jesus Calling devotional, read a Psalm, and do homework in my Beth Moore Bible study. Other days, only do some of it.

The thing is, when we are too busy for God, we are too busy!

He is our Heavenly Father. He wants to communicate with us. In order to have a relationship with Him, we need to communicate.

Almost 7 years ago now, I some of my family members moved 20 hours away to Iowa. Do you think we would have maintained a relationship if we had not made efforts to communicate? 

IF what we are doing FOR Him, is causing us to be too busy to talk to Him and listen in return, then we are too busy!

That's all God is asking for. He wants us to slow down long enough to pray, let Him speak through His Word and other ways to us, and follow what we feel He wants us to do each day.

I want to encourage you to set aside time for God every day. He loves you so much and wants to hear from you and speak directly to you. Do what works for you. I am a morning person, so the morning works for me. I also find that my day seems smoother when I don't skip that time with Him. You might be a night owl. That's ok. Spend time with Him at night. There is no right or wrong. And actually, praying throughout the day just whenever is great too!


1 comment: