Monday, January 5, 2015

Who Is Writing Your Story?

I think some of us believe that we are writing our own story. Some think they are the guardian of their own destiny. I do not believe that's the case.

Jeremiah 20:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

If God has a plan for our lives, then isn't He writing our stories?

Sure, we have free will and make our decisions...but He has a plan and sometimes we can mess up those plans with our decision making.

I have decided to let God write my story. He's a better author than me anyway! LOL

Won't you do the same?

I have made mistakes and will get moving forward, only to take two steps back. I'm tired of doing that. I want to keep moving forward, even if it's just baby steps. I want what God wants for me. He knows better than I do.

Do you trust God to let Him write your story?

Why or why not?

I trust Him.

I've seen the stories in the Bible. Thankfully we have that so we can be encouraged and see how He worked things out for people back then.

This quote from my Bible study lesson today just really rang true to me...

"When we trust our lives to the unseen but ever-present God, He will write our lives into His story & every last one of them will turn out to be a great read. With a grand ending." ~ Beth Moore

I don't know about you...but I want my life to be a great read with a grand ending!

1 comment: