Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How Are You At Hide & Seek?

This quote totally touched my heart...

"Learn to hide in the secret of God's presence, even as you carry out your duties in the world."

I can't remember where I read it.

How are you at hide and seek?

If you remember... after Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, they knew they were naked..so they hid from God. (Or, they thought they hid.)

Actually, we aren't able to hide from God at all..but we like to think we can. 

He doesn't want us to hide though..and you can guarantee, if He asks where you are, like He did Adam and Eve, He already knows where you are.

Why do we hide FROM Him? When we could be hiding IN Him!

One of my favorite Bible verses is Psalm 91. Verse 4 says this, "He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

I don't know about you..but I love being protected under my Father's wings. The world might throw darts at me all day...but under that protection, I'm covered!

How do you hide in His presence and go about your daily duties?


For me, it's probably easier than some of you. Since I work at a church, my tasks are church related. I'm not working in the "world" like a lot of you are. 


I think the best way to hide in His presence is to start your day off in prayer. This is seeking God. Ask Him for protection and cover. Ask Him to go with you and guide you during the day.


Learn some protective Scripture, like Psalm 91 and say it out loud over yourself and your family. It really helps. When you have Scripture in your heart, the Holy Spirit will bring it to your mind when you need it. That's a great way to hide in His presence.


God loves us all so much and He wants that intimate relationship, where we talk to Him and He protects us. I hope you are able to practice this. Hide in His presence and seek Him daily. You don't regret it!



1 comment: