Thursday, January 15, 2015

Got Happiness?

I saw a bumper sticker on a truck the other day that said, "Got Happiness?"

It reminded me of t-shirt I used to wear, "Got Jesus?" (Yes, I was legalistic back then, forgive me!)

Of course, all of this is a take off the ad for milk.."Got milk?" 

Happiness should not be our goal. 

Happiness is based on circumstances.

We are happy when and if something is going our way.

JOY....now, that's what we should be striving for.

Joy is a deep down feeling of "Everything's gonna be alright" (did you hear that in a Bob Marley voice? That's what I was going for.) that you can have regardless of your circumstances.

It's actually one of the fruits of the spirit too.

Galatians 5:22" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Life is not perfect. But when you have these "fruits" in your life, it sure helps make things a little easier.

Happiness is not bad... but joy is better!





No comments:

Post a Comment