Wednesday, January 14, 2015

When God Picks Us Up

Sunday afternoon, I had the unpleasant task of going to Walmart. I'm always praying for diving appointments and keeping my eyes open.

As I was leaving, there was a couple in front of me. They had been to church. Mom had on a long skirt, dad was in slacks with his shirt tucked in. They had a little boy. He had to have been about 2. He was holding his mom's hand as they walked out the exit door.

Then, just as they got out of the door, they stopped and dad scooped up the little boy into his arms. The smile on the little boy's face was priceless!

God reminded me that this is how He is with us... He holds our hands through it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly. BUT THEN... when it gets REALLY bad, He picks us up and carries us.

Have you ever experienced anything like this?

I know every once in a while, things get rough and I think, "God, where are you?" Then, I am reminded, He promises to never leave or forsake me. Thank goodness He promises that and He always keeps His promises!!

I have mentioned this before..but in 1996, I lost twins. During that labor time, I was praying for God to let me keep one. (They were not identical.) I know that keeping one wasn't the answer for me. When I woke up from the whole ordeal, God had scooped me up in His arms, and was carrying me! 

I do not believe for a minute that God made me lose my boys. I know that I have a health condition that causes early labor and miscarriage. 

I believe in my heart, that God turned that bad event around for my good.

Here is the key....You've got to let God pick you up.

I'm sure you are thinking, "HUH?" Yeah, I mean, you could just be ignoring Him while He is trying to pick you up.

Well, here is what can happen.

We try to go through life alone. We think, "I've got this." and we just don't trust or rely on Him. We do things in our own power, in our own way... we don't pray, we don't go to church, we don't read any Scripture or devotionals. We think, "I'm saved, that's good enough."

Actually, it's not enough.

If you aren't doing those things... how can you expect God to pick you up?

I mean, He will. He loves you so much. But if you aren't praying, He's not hearing you. If you aren't reading anything, He can't talk back. If you are just ignoring the people in your life who might be trying to lead you to Him... you are missing Him.

Why don't you put your full trust in Him? He has your best interests at heart and He loves you so much. He wants to hold your hand and pick you up when you need Him to.
My friend's husband, children, and Father in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment