Friday, December 19, 2014

Use Your Imagination for God

This past Sunday, I had the honor of working in the Pre-K room again. 

I didn't have as many God moments this time as I did last time...but one in particular stood out to me.

We let the kids play, then listen to a lesson, then color a sheet that goes with the lesson.. have a little snack, then play again.

During the last play time one little boy who usually brings his own toys, had the lego blocks. I was sitting at the table and heard him say loudly, "Check out my battleship."
I have permission from his mom to put him on here.


I looked at it from a distance... and of course, as a 41 year old adult, it didn't really look like a battleship to me. But I called him over... he wanted to talk about what all it could do.

I was reminded of our imaginations that God gave each of us.

If we just lived literally, this would be a boring place!

We would not have books, movies, TV shows, any type of art... and probably a bunch more things I can't think of at the moment.

Our imaginations help us every day.
Imagination is defined as:


1.
the faculty of imaginingor of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.
2.
the action or process of forming such images or concepts.
3.
the faculty of producing ideal creations consistent with reality, as in literature, as distinct from the power of creating illustrative or decorative imagery.
Compare fancy (def 2).
4.
the product of imagininga conception or mental creation, often baseless or 
fanciful one.
5.
ability to face and resolve difficulties; resourcefulness:
a job that requires imagination.

Without imaginations, we wouldn't even have this internet that we are all so addicted to!
Do you use your imagination ever? Why or why not?

Use this gift that God has given you! Maybe you can imagine a new way to minister to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment