Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mountains and Valleys

New Zealand, this is a bucket list trip for me.
Twice in the last week or two, at Zumba, one of my fellow Zumba enthusiast said this, 
 
"People always want the mountain top experience in life. What they don't realize is that the growth happens in the valley. And when you are on the mountain top, if you look into the valley, it's green and lush."

I have been thinking about that a lot. Some weeks, I feel like I have both mountain top experience AND valley experiences! Can anyone relate?
 
My life is far from perfect. 
But, I do my best to let God have control and that makes it a little easier. 
 
David said in Psalm 23:4, "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
 
From my research, I think the rod and staff are like a walking stick. So David was basically saying he knew that God was with him and that staff could help him not only walk through the valley, but also to defend himself from people and things that could harm him.
 
The most important point is that whether you are in the valley or on the mountain top, God is with us always.
 
God is not human. He loves us unconditionally, no matter what. 
He will not leave us. EVER. Never ever.
 
I know the holidays are a hard time for many. I have personal friends who are struggling right now. Can I tell you something?
 I'm here. I love you and care about you.
 
Some people will be going through their first holidays without loved ones.
 That's a deep dark valley time. They are hurting. 

Take some extra time today and pray for the people in your life. And for goodness sake... be there for them. Sometimes that's all they need during the valley. I hug, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on. 
You don't even have to say anything. Just be there.
 
Father, my heart hurts for people this time of year who have endured so much. The valleys suck. They are dark and hard sometimes. But I'm so thankful that You will never leave any of us. You love us more than any human being on this planet could claim to. Thank You for always being here. I love You so much. 
In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment