Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Doing What You Love For a Living Is Awesome!

You know how Jeremiah 29:11 says that God has a plan for our lives, and it's a plan to prosper us and not harm us? 

Well, a few years ago, when I was still married, my then husband really wanted me to get a job. We had started attending a new church. I talked with them, and ended up with a job there. I was hired for one position, and moved up to another one during my three years there. It was good experience.

I then felt called by God to pull my children out of public school and home school them.

Since my now ex husband left last year, it was a struggle on just child support and alimony, so I really needed to get a job again. It took me a while. I started putting in applications November of 2013. It wasn't until May of this year that I heard about this job opening.

I went to the office to drop off a resume. They asked if I could fill out an application, and before I was even finished, two men walked in to talk with me.

It was ALL a God thing.

I had some experience that they were looking for because of my other church job.

Everything happened somewhat fast.. I came back for a formal interview, then I came in again to meet with the Associate Pastor. 

He called a day or two later and offered me the job. 

I am an administrative assistant to the Worship Pastor and the Media Pastor at a church. I do not attend church there. I am a leader and very invested in my church. But I love this church and the people here.

I LOVE my job!! I do not dread getting up for work every day. I love what I do. Everyone here is nice and friendly. They are encouraging. They pray for me. My bosses are both really cool. I have learned a lot of new skills, gotten better on InDesign, learned about music keys,and about video technology. 

On top of the many other blessings God has given me.. this job is just one of them. I was made for this job.

I hope that you are doing what you love. It makes life so much more enjoyable.

If you aren't doing what you love to do... step outside of your comfort zone! Maybe it's time for you to take that leap of faith you've been putting off. There is no time like the present!
One of my boss' is in front of me, with the purple shirt, the other is in the green with his hands up playing with Mrs. Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment