Saturday, November 29, 2014

We Live In A Cold World

I live in South GA. It does not snow here. I have only seen snow a couple of times in my life. We get ice a good bit though. I took this picture the other day. It reminded me of the fact that we live in a cold world. I noticed how the sun had already melted away the ice on the ground. 

This thought came to my mind: "Where there is warmth, the ice is gone."

God is love. I like to think that God's love is warm. 

There are so many mean people in this world. So much coldness and rudeness. It's time for some warmth and love.

Since July, I have heard of so many people dying. Some I knew, some I didn't. Either way, their lives have impacted someone I do know personally.

I do not believe that God "takes" people. I think He has a plan for our lives, for sure. But, getting killed in a car wreck because a drunk driver hit you? Yeah, that's not God. 

In my opinion, as Christians, we need to tell people how much God loves them, and then SHOW IT!

This means, do not be judgmental, love them right where they are, and do what you can for people.

Also, for those who are mourning loved ones, just be there. Pray for them. You don't have to say a lot. God has a few promises in His word that we can cling to, and I think it's a great reminder for us all.

Psalm 34:18 says, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Matthew 5:4 says, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

This time of year is probably the worst to lose someone, as well as the worst when you've lost someone you love.

Take time and give love. There are so many people who really need it!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment