Sunday, November 30, 2014

Can We Talk for a Minute?

As of this morning, there have been 5 people pass away in the past 7 days that I know about. I did not know some of them personally, but I know someone who loved them. Out of those 5, 2 might not have been Christians. This is just this week, since July of this year, I can't count the number of people who have passed away.

The worst feeling in the world is when someone you love dies, but what's worst than that is when you know they aren't in heaven.

My definition of Christian is this: someone who has asked God into their life to be their Lord and Savior. There will be seasons where you might not be fully living for Him. It happens to all of us. I was out of church myself from the ages of 15 to 23. (By the way, church attendance doesn't make you any more saved.)

If you call yourself a Christian, then I believe that life is better living FOR God. I can tell you from personal experience everything He has done for me. It's unbelievable! Even in just in the last few weeks. I have been so overwhelmed by His love!

On Wednesday nights at church, Mrs. Laurel has been teaching through the book of Acts. She says that we are called to "witness" to people. Now, I know that's a "churchy" word, and I personally don't like it either. But she define "witness" as simply telling someone what God has done for you. If that something is old, then maybe we need to check up on things with God, because He honestly is working daily in our lives and we should know and see it. 

Are you telling people what God has done for you?

Why? or Why not?

Your story might be just what they need to hear to believe in Him.

Listen, being a Christian doesn't mean that you will never have troubles. Because you will. Being a Christian means that you will have eternity in heaven and God to walk with you through the hard times.

Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection was our payment. 
Paul wrote to the church in Corinth saying in 1 Corinthians 15: 54-56,
 " 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law."

 As a Christian, death should not scare us. It means we will be with God and other loved ones who have passed away before us.

I am begging you... if you are a Christian, live fully for God and share your story. Let Him use you to bring others into relationship with Him.

If you aren't a Christian, why not ask Him to be your Lord and Savior today? He loves you so very much! 

Father God, I pray for every single person who reads this blog today. I ask that if they aren't saved, they will give their hearts to You. For the ones who are already Your children, help them tell their story. Use them to bring others into the family. I also ask for comfort and peace for these many people who are affected by deaths this week. Just in my town, Lord, so many deaths. It's unreal. You promise to comfort those who mourn, and You always keep Your promises. Thank You for what You are doing in my life and through the lives of others. I love you so much. In Jesus name, amen.

This picture makes me think of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Convicting, thank you! Hopefully my blog conveys the same message and people will be able to see God's grace and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete