Friday, November 28, 2014

Reflections of Jill

Well, yesterday was pretty awesome. The kids and I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, which I love. This was honestly their first time sitting down with me to watch it. They weren't really excited about it, but they did it and that means a lot. I don't know why, but I love parades. I enjoy everything about them.

Our lunch with my 84 year old Grandma and relatives was great. We ate, laughed, looked through sales papers, and talked about life. Grandma gave my boys some advice. She told them to get their education, get good jobs, and wait to have babies until they are married. I could not argue with that! 

Then, for the second year in a row, my children had to leave to go see their dad.

This year, was a little easier for me. I had a friend who is up from FL and about an hour away, so I drove to see him. It was nice to get out of the house and just drive. I was driving west, so I drove INTO the sunset. The only thing missing was the clouds to make the sunset even that much more spectacular!

As I got close to home last night, I thought about my life and how things have changed so much. I can not help but see God's hand in it all though. He has blessed me more than I could ever explain to you. He has walked with me through my mistakes, picked me up when I was down, and loved on me like I have never felt.

I am so thankful and grateful for my relationship with Him. I do not understand how people go through life without a relationship with God. 

I hope and pray that you see God move in your life. Watch for it. He's there and He loves you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment