Thursday, November 20, 2014

I feel you, Robin!

The other night, I was sitting at the kitchen table. My daughter and I were in a heated discussion. She's wanting me to send her back to public school. I am not wanting to do that.

God led me to pull my children out of school 4 years ago. I haven't felt Him tell me to put them back. I also don't think He would want me to pull them out just to put them back later.

After she left the kitchen... somewhat in a rage... I was sitting there with my hand on my face, and looked up. I was mirroring Robin Williams' picture on Rolling Stone. This is my bookshelf. (I know, it's messy.) My family and I are huge Robin Williams' fans. We were upset to hear of his passing. When this magazine came in the mail, I wanted to keep it. (As a matter of fact, I don't even know how we started getting Rolling Stone. I did not pay for a subscription.)

Anyway... I thought, "I feel you, Robin. I feel you."

He must have been going through some rough stuff to think that suicide was the only way out. He must have felt like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.

Being a single mom can feel that way sometimes too.

Thankfully, suicide is the farthest thing from my mind.

But, we are heading into the holiday season.

There are people who don't have families to spend time with. There are people, like my sweet friend Maryann, who will be struggling through their first holidays after losing a loved one to death. Other people struggle through holidays every year because they are missing someone they love.

It's not an easy time. And some people opt to take their life, thinking they will just put themselves out of their misery.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Sure, life isn't fair sometimes. Sure, bad things happen to good people every day.

However.... you are loved by the Creator of the universe. He thinks you are AWESOME! (Because you are!)

If you are thinking of ending your life, for whatever reason, PLEASE talk to someone and get help. You are here for a purpose and a plan. You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment