Friday, November 21, 2014

The One Thing You Can Take To Heaven

Me and my "kids". Marc, Angel, Blake, Andrew & Julie
My parents
Me & my Grand baby Maci.




Our Youth Pastor taught this past Sunday at church. He reminded us of a few things. Something that spoke to my heart was the fact that you can only take one thing to heaven with you. That one thing is people!

Our relationships should be the most important parts of our lives. 
This includes your relationship with God. It's not about religion. 
I do not like religion at all.

I hope the people in your life feel loved by you. I hope you tell them every single day how much you love them. Because, life is short. The Bible says in James 4:14, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

 We never know what tomorrow holds. I value the people in my life. I try to let them know I care and I try to be there for them.

Our relationships with others will flourish when we build each other up, which is what Paul told us to do in 1 Thessalonians 5: 11. Our society, nonbelievers, and our own thoughts tear us down regularly. When you care about someone, really care, you can correct in love, but you do not need to tear people down.

It is my prayer that you and your loved ones know the Lord, so one day you will be in heaven together. I have three or more children waiting on me in heaven. 
I know two are twin boys that I lost at 15 weeks. I can't wait to meet them!

 I try to be the best daughter, mom, cousin, and friend I can be. Because I realize this truth, people are the only thing I will take to heaven with me.

Are you investing in your relationships? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment