Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Renewing Your Mind

Dr. Caroline Leaf is a Cognitive Neuroscientist and author of "Switch On Your Brain".

She talked a little too fast, and with a cool accent, but I was able to get notes and really grasp what she said. God really spoke to me through part of this and I can't wait to share it with you!!

God designed us to be able to change. He designed us to be able to renew our minds. God is love and we are made in His image. We are wired for love, every system in the human body is wired for love.

Fear is LEARNED.

We have a sound mind, we are designed for good choices, and God has given us the ability to choose.

Our thoughts are real and they take up real estate in our brains. This is what thoughts in our brains look like:
Thoughts look like trees

When you think bad things, it comes to life. 75% of mental illness comes from our thought life.

Your thoughts create the environment in our body.  As you think, you are changing your brain. God says to take every thought captive.

If you feel sorry for yourself and live out of unforgiveness, you are growing bad stuff in your brain. It creates toxic chemicals - so when you change and have correct thoughts, the bad stops growing - this is how we renew our minds.

When we worship, pray and make right choices, we are renewing our minds. Dr. Leaf said that it takes 7 minutes a day for 63 days to build a habit.  Mind work is a continual process. Talking to God starts the process. Build healthy replacement thoughts!

If you have read my blog for any time, you know that I have admitted to thinking bad things about myself. So, this message was point on for me. I see now how I have been hurting myself. I am fighting this and planing on renewing my mind. Won't you join me??

1 comment: