Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Brain Is On Overload

Well, I have a lot going through my head right now. Today would have been my 21st wedding anniversary. I have mixed feelings about it. 

My heart is broken for my friend Tommy who's wife passed away on Sunday. Their 14th wedding anniversary was Tuesday. At her funeral yesterday, my Pastor read a note from their 9 year old daughter about her mom. Talk about gut wrenching. This little girl will grow up the rest of her life without her mom. It's just so sad. (And their other three children.)

There are just several other things going through my head and heart. Memories come up and I fight them off. 

Focusing on God and how much He loves me is what's getting me through. I know that without a doubt, He did not cause any of this yucky junk. I don't, for a second, believe that God took Sherry from this earth. I also don't think He caused my husband to leave. God does not work that way. 

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him , who have been called according to His purposes." 

Bad things happen to good people. Every day. 

We live in a world that is over run with evil. People make bad decisions. We have toxic stuff in our food... it's just sad sometimes. But it's the truth.

We have hope, though! Thankfully!

God promises to never leave us or forsake us. God can handle my questions, my insecurities, and my issues, because He loves me more than any human being on this planet. Even my parents and children. 

Have you ever had a season like this? Just a jumbled up mess? I'm praying through it. God's got me.



No comments:

Post a Comment