Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Why ya gotta be so RUDE?!


Yesterday, on my lunch break, I was checking out Instagram. I came across something that REALLY upset me! The picture was a teenage boy on a playground. He proudly proclaimed to being a big kid still.A friend said it was a perfect day for that and how they should go, but the boy in the picture said he was going to eat at his Great Grandma's. A girl, for whatever reason, mocked him and repeated what he said. Then, he said, "Were you aware that you annoy me?" Then... this is how she responded:

I will leave names out... but I hope somehow, some way this person sees this post.

"Were you aware I don't give a single f***"
"Good you're irrelevant"


Answering her question, he said, "Yes".

Ok... this girl claims to be a Christian. She attends church. And yet, nasty stuff like this comes out of her mouth or her fingers.... you get my point. I understand that being a Christian does not make you perfect. I could understand had something been said or pictured that hurt her feelings, picked on her, if she was being bullied... etc. 

However, being mean just to be mean is WRONG! 

No one is irrelevant! God put every single person on this planet for a purpose. We know that Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that He has a plan for our lives, a plan to prosper us, not harm us.

So why, as Christians, do we hurt each other? It makes no sense to me.

These comments are board-line cyper-bullying, if you ask me. They are uncalled for, and were intended to hurt. 

Please think before you type something. People need to be lifted up, not torn down. 
1 Thessalonians 5: 11 says, "Therefore, encourage each other and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

I love people. I will do whatever I can to defend them. However, I love the offender too, and hope that she will see how much God loves her and when she says crap like this, she is NOT showing love. God IS love, that's why we should love everyone, no matter what. She is misrepresenting the God who saved her soul and loves her unconditionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment