Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Good 'Ole South GA Sweet Tea


I know there are people from all over the world that read this blog. I am humbled and blown away by that every day when I look at the statistics. I hope I don't lose you on this post, because it is something that all of my southern American friends can relate to. I pray that my words make sense to you as well.

Here in the south, we drink sweet tea. I mean, it's sweet! This Luzianne is the name brand I use, but I like the decaf that way I can drink it with my dinner and not be awake all night. We do NOT drink out of Mason or Ball jars. I guess folks think all southerner's do. LOL

I make sweet tea and lemonade for my children every day. We also have bottled water, but they want flavor sometimes. As I was making both this morning, something crossed my mind.

I pour the sugar in the pitcher first. Then boil water, throw the tea bag in and let it simmer a little. Of course, when the hot tea hits the sugar, it melts and disappears. 

You can't see the sugar anymore. But it's there. Ask anyone who got UNsweet tea on accident! Boy you know it quickly!

The Holy Spirit is like that. He is there, but you can't see Him. You can feel it. And boy, can you tell when someone else doesn't have Him! Wow!

In John 14, before Jesus was killed and resurrected, He was telling the disciples that He was going to send the Holy Spirit to live in them and help them. This is what He said, "15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." 

How often during our day to we let the Holy Spirit shine through us?
Would people know you have Him in your life just by watching you live? 
I hope so. That's what I strive for.



No comments:

Post a Comment