Thursday, October 2, 2014

This is for the birds......

Hey guys! I am on a computer at my favorite conference of the year! Catalyst Conference!

I tried to get a picture, but it wouldn't let me save it... I guess since I'm on a borrowed Mac, I best just post without one. LOL

Yesterday morning, I was sitting on my front porch waiting for my dogs to run around the yard. I noticed two sets of birds fly over the house. I heard their chirps and all... like they were just talking to each other.

I felt led God was telling me something....

See, birds RARELY fly alone. They are some, but it's not the norm. 

I usually see many birds flying together. Sometimes, in that cool V formation!

If they aren't flying together, they are sitting in a tree chatting. Or they are making noises and another bird several trees away is talking back.

It's a community. 

Isn't that what we Christians are supposed to be?

Why then, when life gets rough, do we retreat to ourselves?

Are we afraid to show people the real us? Are we afraid of what someone will think of us because of our struggles?

How crazy!

God made us for community. He made us to be together. Live life together. Through the good and bad. You don't have to be married and take a vow. We become family when we join God's family. Then, we are called to help each other through life.

It's just a great way to live. I know without my family, friends, church family, work family, etc, I would be lost! They are my strength some days...just pulling me through. 

I hope you have a community. If you don't, I highly recommend you get into one. You don't know what you are missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment