Thursday, August 28, 2014

Seeking God


Mrs. Laurel's message at church last night really hit home with me. We have been talking about the first "church" in Acts. Jesus told His followers in Acts 1: 8, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Our Jerusalem is where we interact with people on a regular basis. We are called to "witness" to people. (I use that term lightly. I am not a fan of knocking on doors or putting a microphone in someone's face asking them if they died today where will they go!) I will tell you why... I think a relationship is the best way to bring people to the Lord. Mrs. Laurel said that witnessing is nothing more than telling about our experience with Jesus. Whatever Christ is doing for us right now, that's what we can tell people about. 

I know that I tend to worry and take things into my own hands. Jesus knew we would do that, so in Matthew 6: 31-33 He told us not to worry and that  by seeking God, all the things we need would be given to us.

God's job is to take care of us.

Our job is to seek Him.

We get unfocused and stop thinking about God for some reason. We shift to ourselves and our problems, and take our eyes off the One who can get us through life! When we are unfocused and not seeking God, we can't tell others about what He is doing.

Whatever you are dealing with today, I challenge you to refocus. Seek God first with all of your heart! Tell people what He is doing in your life. You never know who you might help and encourage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment