Tuesday, August 26, 2014

He is a God of Second Chances (and 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances)


You know, as old as I am, you would think I would know better. However,  in my humanity, I make mistakes. The problem is, I have made some of the same mistakes more than once. 

Thankfully, God is a God of forgiveness and no condemnation. Romans 8:1& 2 says, "Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit, who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."  

When we ask for forgiveness and seriously repent, He forgives. I have had times in my life, where I continually did something wrong. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did anyway. I am reminded of what Paul said about his sin, in Romans 7. He starts in verse 14 and goes through 25. But in verse 15 he said this, "15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

God has always been there, just waiting for me to return. He loves us all too much to leave us in our messes.

He has also provided best friends for me who love, pray, and tell me the truth. I am here to tell you, the truth hurts. It really does. But it is important to hear. I would MUCH rather be hurt with the truth than comforted with a lie. Any day! I have been lied to enough. I think at times, I have even lied to myself. 

I believe God is a God of restoration and renewing. Paul also said in 2 Corinthians 5: 17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come, the old is gone and the new is there."

I think He will forgive and heal when we ask Him to. He is a God of second, third, fourth, and more chances.  I am in a season of life that He is molding me, shaping me, and healing me. I see my mistakes. I see where I have turned to other things instead of Him. I won't be doing that anymore. 

My life is too important for me to just mess it all up. I have a calling from Him. This blog is like my child. It is a piece of me. I want to share my heart and my journey so that others can come to know God like I do. He has done way too much for me. I can not just sit here and keep it to myself. 

I pray that someone who reads this today, knows just how much God loves you.
Even when you mess up. 

Carlos Whittaker, the author and worship leader I told you about a few months ago has a song called "God of Second Chances". While he was filming a video for the song, a homeless man came up and joined him. Here is the video....

Carlos Whittaker, God of Second Chances



No comments:

Post a Comment