Friday, August 29, 2014

Revenge?!

Jesus said in John 16: 33, "33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

He did not say, we MIGHT have trouble. He said we WILL. This world we live in is full of junk and people who do not care. Sometimes, our choices cause us to be hurt. I know I have experienced that first hand. However, that's just a part of life as well.

I feel like this... when someone else hurts us, and they will, especially if it's on purpose, God will take care of them. 

If we live with grudges and anger, we are only hurting ourselves. 

In Romans 12: 19 Paul told the church, "19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”says the Lord."

I would like to clarify, I do not think that God will pour out His wrath on just anyone. I think He will loving discipline those who love Him.

For non Christians, I am just not sure what He would do. 

I think it is a good idea to NOT get revenge on people. It will only hurt you MORE in the long run. God will deal with the people who hurt us. He will not let them get away it. I just feel that in my heart.

I mean, as a mom, if someone hurt my child, I would defend them. Wouldn't you? So, as much as God loves us, I believe He will handle the people who hurt us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment