Friday, July 25, 2014

We are overcomers through Christ!

Life can be rough! We all go through seasons that get us down, and it seems like everything is coming at you "90 to nothing" like one of my best friends always says! The amazing thing about being a Christ follower is that we have Him and tools to help us over come the rough spots.

I love Mandisa's song Overcomer! I was blessed to meet her last October at Catalyst Conference. We were outside doing the Cupid Shuffle. I looked to my right and she was dancing with us! She has been through a lot in her life, one thing of which was having Simon Cowell on American Idol talk about her weight. He was so rude. She told him on national tv that she forgave him because of what Jesus did for her. Here is a link to her song: Mandisa Overcomer 

What is that you are going through? If it's a big deal to you, then it's a big deal. Do not ever let someone tell you that your issues are small. They are never small. 

There are several Scriptures I would like to give you. Please know that you can search and find many more. One great way to fight off the bad is by reading Scriptures out loud.

Philippians 4: 13, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Proverbs 12: 25, "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up."

1 Peter 5: 7, "Cast all of your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you."

In my life, personally, God has always turned the bad around for good and helped me through terrible difficult situations. I know with all of my heart that He will do the same for any of you.
Me & Mandisa Oct. 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment