Saturday, July 26, 2014

Time Keeps On Tickin....


This morning, I am thinking about time. There are several songs about it. My main thought is this: "Time is the most valuable thing you can give anyone. It is something that you can not take back."

Sometimes, I feel like I waist other people's time. Well, and on the same note, I guess I feel like some have done the same to me. 

I will just be honest, starting over in life at 40 has not been a cake walk. I have had some major life changes. Trying to get to know new people and find a balance is not easy. I just want who and what God wants in my life. And what I need to do is get out of His way and let Him work. I should have learned by now that keeping my hand in it has only gotten me burned. I very much dislike being hurt but even more so I hate hurting someone else. Time does not heal wounds, but it does make them scar over and hurt less. 

There is a song from 1969 called Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds that basically used this Scripture from Ecclesiastes. I think it is so true. Life has these ups and downs, it ebbs and flows. I just need to let life happen. Because nothing I do in and of my own power works out anyway.

Can you relate?

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

A Time for All Events in Life

For everything there is an appointed time,
and an appropriate time for every activity on earth:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to uproot what was planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to search, and a time to give something up as lost;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to rip, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment