Thursday, July 31, 2014

Do you need courage today? I know how you can get it!

Vincent Van Gogh is one of my favorite painters. I have had a love for art since Middle School. Our art teacher, Mr. Gibson, was so awesome and opened my eyes to so much. Middle school is when I learned how to draw. My mom is very artistic. She started her own business in the 80's painting signs. She used to hand paint, but over the years has upgraded to a computer and vinyl. It took a lot of courage for her, as a woman, to leave a sign company to start her own. She's still going strong after all of these years. 

To me, Van Gogh thought outside of the box. His paintings where different. It takes courage to be different. He used a heavy amount of paint sometimes, and made these swirls that I just adore. I even got swirls on my tattoo because I like them so much. I feel like I can relate to him, because I'm pretty weird too. LOL! 

Sometimes in life, we need courage to get through things. I started this new job last month. That took courage to have the interview process and "sell myself". (I am not really good at that.) 

I believe that God can give courage. There are many people in the Bible who had courage...but the key factor in their lives was God. Abraham left his family to go wherever God led him. God didn't even tell him where, just go and Abraham went. That took courage! 

Noah built an ark, when it had not rained in forever. The city people were picking on him and thought he was crazy. He built it anyway. 

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" ~ Van Gogh

Life takes courage. I believe God is the giver of courage. 

Deuteronomy 31: 6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

God is always with us. What do you need courage for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment