Saturday, August 2, 2014

Dating! UGH!

Ok guys... I am about to get real again. This dating thing is not for the faint at heart. You know, I have not DATED since I was a TEENAGER! So, starting over as an adult is a major adjustment.

I have learned some lessons..... God healed me of some stuff, He is still working on me with some stuff, too. I have learned that I can be needy and clingy. I am trying stop that. I know that my value comes from God and God alone. NO HUMAN BEING gives my life value. You can add to my life, but Jill, as a person, is who she is because of the Heavenly Father that made her and who is continually molding her into His image. 

I have learned that I am pretty. I have been told several times, which is nice, but once again is not something I need to cling to. 

One thing that is hard for me is getting to know someone. I am friendly and open, but maybe too much sometimes. I like having friends. I am an extrovert, so that's natural for me. However, I have hurt some people already. They liked me more than I liked them. I have also been on the receiving end of that... and been hurt myself. It's just this crazy cycle. Trying to figure it out and balance it all is new. 

I know that I want to be loved. I do not want to grow old alone. But heck, I'm only 40! I need to slow down, let God bring who HE wants in my life and let HIM move. That is easier said than done sometimes. 

An author that I admire, Michael Cheshire, is going through a divorce himself after 19 years of marriage. It is really sad to me how people can be together that long and things just fall apart. Well, I guess it's just one of those things like I have been saying... bad things happen to good people.

Once again, God is using pictures to speak to me and I wanted to share a few. Two are quotes from Cheshire.




Have you ever had to start over in life? How did you  handle it? Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment