Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Time Heals? Well, maybe not!

A high school friend of mine and his wife are going through a difficult time. I have been in their shoes and it breaks my heart. You've heard that old saying, "Time heals all wounds"? Well, this quote puts a new spin on it.


I believe I would have to agree with whoever this Rose Kennedy is. I lost twins at 15 weeks way back in 1996. At the time, the doctor did not tell me their gender, even though they were developed enough at that stage. I lived many many years just calling them "the twins" or "my twins". That was my second miscarriage that year.

I did get pregnant a few months after losing the twins. God promised we would have that baby and we did. He will be 17 in October. Getting pregnant again helped some, but I still think about my twins. I found out through a friend who worked at the doctor's office that they were boys. I named them and often wonder what they look like. I know they are in heaven and that I will see them when I get there.

I do not believe that God took my babies. I do not think He punishes us in ways like that. I have a health issue that causes early labor that I did not even know about until 6 years ago. 

Any type of hurt, that breaks your heart, is not easy to get over. Time does help, but that pain might not ever really go away. That's ok. Mourn, cry, hurt, get it out, but pick yourself up and move forward. Nothing we do can change our past. We can not bring a loved one back, even as much as we want to. 

God is always there, ready to pick up the pieces. Psalm 147: 3 says, "He heals the broken hearted and binds their wounds."  In Matthew 5: 4, Jesus said, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." 

Let your Heavenly Father close those wounds and turn them into scars. Scars aren't a bad thing. It shows you went through something and lived!


No comments:

Post a Comment