Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My thoughts about myself are bad!

I have talked about this before, but this past week makes me want to talk about it again.
Do you struggle with your thought life like I do?

It is the HARDEST thing to stop doing.
I agree with this picture that we shouldn't think evil thoughts towards anyone. I really do not do that. I'm not a mean vindictive person. I struggle more with negative thoughts about myself.

When bad things happen to me, I go right to the thoughts of "What's wrong with me?" I internalize and analyze things to death. I am my own worst enemy!

Of course, no one can hear our thoughts...so no one knows what I'm battling in my brain.
I need to retrain my brain and fight off those bad thoughts. I need to think of things that are honest, just, pure, and lovely. Nothing about me will ever be perfect, but there isn't really anything "wrong" with me either.

One great way to retrain your brain is fight off the negative thoughts with Scripture.
If I think I'm fat: Ephesians 2:10 tells me that I'm God's handiwork.

If I think I'm dumb: Genesis 1: 27 says I was created in God's image. 

If I think something must be wrong with me because people don't want to stay in my life: 
I am reminded of Jesus calling me His friend and that He promises to never leave me.

The reality is, whenever we put ourselves down, we are putting God down because He made us. We need to stop doing that.
I sure hope this helps someone today. I'm helping myself too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment