Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Our Best Connection


In my Bible study time this morning, I read the verse just before this one. 
John 15: 4 says, "Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me."

I have people in my life that I feel extremely connected to. There are others that I felt a strong connection to that has now been broken. These connections are strong and hurt when they are broken. Even at the risk of getting hurt, we are supposed to be connected to others, and our main power source is Jesus. When we are disconnected from God, we hurt too. Probably even more than breaking a human connection.

The last part of verse 5, up there in the picture says, "apart from Me you can do nothing." That's not 100% accurate. We can do A LOT "apart from God"... the only difference is, 
it won't be what He wants for us. 

Staying connected to each other and God is the way that God wants us to live. We are not put here on this earth to live life alone. Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto! 

God created us to be connected to people. In my experience, sometimes, love comes from folks who aren't even your blood related family. I have someone I call my "unofficial adopted daughter". (She's 20 years old, if I could actually adopt her, I would...but she's about to get married anyway.) I would go to the ends of the earth for her, because when I love, I love. Period.

I believe that God puts people in our lives for a reason.

I hope He puts me in people's lives so they can see Him through me. I hope that my love for people shines through and that they can see God's unconditional love for them. I believe if some people could just see themselves the way that God does, it would change their lives! 

Give God a chance. Stay connected. Pray, read a Bible or devotional, go to church, go to a small group or Sunday school class.... connect with Him and other believers.
 You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment