Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day (to some of you)

I realize that today might not be a good day for some people. There are so many situations I could list... I will just say a few. Maybe your dad abused you, maybe your child or children have passed away, maybe your dad is passed away, maybe you never knew who your dad was..... these are just a few things that can cause you heartache on a day where we "celebrate" dad's. 

I do want to say to all the dad's who are actually being dads to their kids, good job! Thank you for sticking around and doing what you were called to do. For the single moms who are being dads, God bless you.... that's a tough job. For the grandfather's who are raising their grandchildren, what a blessing you are to them. To the men who have just taken a child or children into his heart and loved them like his own, (as a step dad or not) you are to be commended! 

The good news here is this: God loves you and He is your Heavenly Father.

Here is a truth though... some people think, "Ok, I hear ya. If God is my "Father" and He is anything like my earthly dad, I don't want anything to do with Him." 

I get that. I really do.

The cool thing about God is this... He is NOTHING like your earthly father! NOTHING.

The first thing I'd like to point out is that God always keeps His promises. All throughout Scripture, if He told someone He was going to do something, He did it. He never lied.

Numbers 23: 19 says, "God is not human, that He should lie, not a human being that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?"

God does not leave us like some human fathers have. He promises not to. We just established that He keeps His promises.

Deuteronomy 31:6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you."

I am also a firm believer that God does not cause bad things to happen to us. He cannot give us something He doesn't already have. Keep that in mind when someone tries to tell you any different. 

I know, God can't physically hug you, or face to face talk to you. But He has ways of letting us know He is there. I believe God uses people to hug us for Him. Have you ever gotten a hug from someone, right when you needed it? Yep, that was Him!

God loves us unconditionally, with a steadfast love that no human being can do. If you are hurting today, know that you are loved. You do have a Father that is here for you.

I am an only child to my dad. He still calls me "his favorite daughter". LOL He and my mom have been married for 42 years. I am thankful that he never left and that he does the best he can as my dad. Happy Father's Day Daddy!


In this picture, my dad is holding my hand. I thought it was sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment