Monday, June 16, 2014

Being Connected to Others

Yesterday, my Pastor talked about Jesus' way of life and how part of that includes being connected to people. We are made for relationships. In Matthew 22: 37-39 when Jesus was asked what is the greatest commandment, this is what He said, 

"37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”

That's our motto at my church, "Love God, Love People". And that's exactly what God has called us to do.

As I was leaving church yesterday, I was on a divided highway. I was south bound. A motorcycle came past me. On the north bound lanes, I saw two motorcycles coming. I watched as all three men put their one arm out to the side. They do have different hand signals they can use, instead of blinkers, but this was clearly them saying "Hello" to each other. 

It was a code, it was something that connected them and a way they acknowledged one another. 

God designed us this way. We are not meant to live our lives alone. It doesn't work. There are many people who close themselves off and live in fear. That's not really living. 

Get out there! Jesus came to give us life to the fullest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment