Saturday, June 14, 2014

Please don't ever lie to me!

There used to be a TV show on called "Lie to Me". When it first came out, I posted about it on Facebook. One of my friends, who did not have cable at the time was like, "What in the world is that show about?" 

It was about a group of scientist who had mastered the art of catching liars. They watched even the smallest facial twitch and could tell if someone was being honest or not. I wish I could learn and do what they did.

One of my biggest pet peeves is being lied to. It has happened me to A LOT!

I would much rather you hurt my feelings, make me mad, or whatever, than lie to me and let me find out later that you lied. Lying destroys relationships!

Proverbs 30:8 says, "Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread."  I think this will be my new motto for life!

In John 8: 43-45 it says, "43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!"

Why did they not believe Jesus? He was the one telling the truth!

I would rather not be associated with the devil, the father of lies. And because I have been hurt by lies, I chose NOT to lie. I don't even want to hear a little "white lie", "No, that doesn't make you look fat." Just be honest for Pete's sake!
Have you ever been hurt by lies?





No comments:

Post a Comment