Thursday, May 1, 2014

What is your calling?

I feel like God blessed me with a gift for writing. It has always come naturally and easy for me. In high school and college, I never had to make those out lines for essays. For some reason, words just flow for me. I am very thankful for this gift, but for the longest time, I never knew what I was supposed to do with it. I went to college for journalism, but did not finish because our teacher left. Years later, when I tried to go back, it did not work out for me. That has not stopped my love for writing. Once I began this blog, I figured out what God wanted to use this gift for. I believe He wants me to help people get to know the real God. 

How do you define your calling?
1. Passion - what matters to you? Whatever your misery is, that is where your ministry comes out of.

2. What are your gifts? What do you do best?

3. Contributions- how do you make the world a better place?

Once you figure this out, be careful of the negative people. The negative people in your life might have already given up on their God given dream, so they do not understand why you are still going for your's. Also, do your best to develop and maintain a positive attitude.

Be encouraging to yourself and others. Do not squash people's hopes and dreams. (Even your own.) 

Remember, "If you aren't actively engaged in stepping out and doing what God has called you to do - you are merely existing." ~ Jason Spears

So, what will you do with what has been given to you? Comment, let me know your passions and gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment