Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I don't feel "Good enough" most of the time, do you?

I do not know what it is, but I lack self confidence when it comes to certain things. I try. I have people in my life who tell me to have confidence or compliment me on things. But it is still a struggle. It's easy to fall into that trap and not feel like God can use you. That is one reason why I really enjoyed my Pastor's message last Sunday. 

If you've ever read Hebrews Chapter 11, it's usually called "The Heroes of Faith" chapter. I believe Paul is the writer, and he is talking about the people God used for certain events. He starts off each of them with, "By faith...." So, for example, verse 7, "By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family."


We look at the people in this chapter as awesome because of their experiences. Some people think, "They are in the Bible, so they are better than me." That's just not true. If you research each person, they were not perfect. There are three things these people did, and this is why God used them.

1. God moved them into action. When God speaks, it's not just for you, or about you, it's for other people too.

2. They all stepped out into the unknown-without faith it's impossible to please God. Faith means to trust and believe.

3. Not one of the people repeated anything that was done before. These were all new ideas.

These "heroes" if you will, did not know what the end results would be. Yet, they did what God asked them to do anyway.

Read this a few times, then write it down: "If you aren't actively engaged in stepping out and doing what God has called you to do, you are just existing." ~ Jason Spears

How do you know what God has called you to do? Tune in tomorrow and I will tell you how.
Same bat time, same bat channel. (Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm such a nerd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment