Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Have you ever felt like God is up to something?

I have been talking about my Pastor's messages, and he is talking about our calling. I know what mine is, at least I feel like I know. 

Then, I am asked to volunteer at two things that I will be really good at. Two things that I seem "fit" for. So, I am like, "What's up God?" 

If you are my friend on Facebook, you have seen that I posted about needing another part time job. I really do. I am only keeping things afloat by the generosity of my ex husband. I have been trying since last November to find a job. (I have one job that I really enjoy, but it is not every weekend. I need a weekly pay check, and hopefully will be able to keep the other job for extra money.)

I do not believe that God has any magic formulas. I do not need to jump through any hoops, say a certain prayer, hop on one foot for an hour, etc etc to receive blessings from Him. God does not work that way.

You will have some people ask you, (imagine the church lady voice) "Well, now, are you tithing 10%?" or "Are you attending church every time the doors are open?" "Are you praying every day?" "Do you read your Bible every day?"

While those things are not BAD in and of themselves, they do not get God's attention any more than if they are not done. God is NOT performanced based. He love us. Period. No if's, ands, or buts about it. 

NOTHING we do will cause God to love us any less.
NOTHING we do will cause God to love us any more.
Write that down.

It is funny to me how God works sometimes. He can be mysterious and awesome, or just right in your face with something. I know that He has my best interest at heart. He knows my needs. He is my provider. 

When He reveals to me this plan He is weaving for me. I will let you know. I'm excited to see what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment