Tuesday, April 8, 2014

If God is so good then....why?

Life has ups and downs. No one's life is perfect. If they tell you it is, they are lying. 

God loves us all more than any human on this earth could love us. (Yes, even more than our parents or our soul mates.) He does not like for us to go through hard times.

Some people get things wrong. They tend to blame God for things that are not His fault.

For example, this past week a mother of three from my area got in a wreck and one of her children passed away. This is a terrible situation for the mother and everyone who knows her and her son who passed. Do I think God took that little boy? HECK NO! 

I do not think God sits up in heaven and decides who will die today and how. I know in my heart that God is mourning with that mother, her family, and everyone who knows that family that is mourning. Plus, I know that God is comforting them because He says He will.

I do believe God has a plan for our lives. (Jeremiah 29:11) 

The thing is, we live in a fallen sinful world. Bad things happen every day that we don't understand. 

God is not a man, so when He makes a promise, He keeps it! 
Here are a few promises that we can cling to:

God so loved the world that He GAVE His one and only Son. God is a giver, not a taker.

Romans 8:28 says that God works all things for good for those who love Him.

Jesus said in Matthew that those who mourn are blessed and they will be comforted.

When bad things happen, we want someone to blame. I understand that. However, I just hope that people will one day realize that God loves them and He isn't the reason for the bad. You know what else? It is OK to struggle and ask God why! It is not going to make Him mad at you. Ask away, then wait to hear His answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment