Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Are you a Moment Maker?

I am currently reading Carlos Whittaker's first book, "Moment Maker". Carlos is a worship leader who travels around the world leading congregations. He has an awesome blog and now has this book for all to enjoy. I have not finished the book, so this isn't necessarily a review... but I like it so much I wanted to mention it.


I feel like I am a moment maker sometimes. Especially when I see something so beautiful that I have to stop and take a picture of it. I can't help myself. Especially if  the sun, sky, clouds or flowers are involved. I would take more pictures of my children, but they are not happy when my phone comes out.

Carlos is talking about making moments count in his book. We shouldn't let life pass us by and just be Moment Takers. We need to MAKE things happen sometimes. 

This morning, someone close to me said,
 "You need to go see the sunrise."

I was awake, my yard blocks both the sunrise and the sunset, so when I take sunset pictures I usually drive down the road. I call it "Chasing the sunset". 

Well, this morning, I chased the sun rise, and here is what I got:
Moment captured!

Take time today to make moments. Make a good one by picking up this book and reading it. I know you will not regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment