Thursday, March 20, 2014

Who is your strong tower?


Yesterday, I was open and honest about my struggles and how I have gotten through them. While I've been reading through the book of Proverbs, I was reminded of the one thing God is to me. He is my strong tower.

Years ago, I started a booking agency for Christian bands. I really wanted to help them get in places to sing and spread their message. I decided to name my business Strong Tower Promotions. God has been a strong tower to me over these years. There are several Scriptures where He is called that too.

Proverbs 18: 10 says, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower,
the righteous run to it and are safe."

God can keep us safe. Not free from problems. But safe.
Kinda like a tight rope walker with a net.
The danger is still there, it's a wobbly, scary walk, but they have security that the net will catch them when or if they fall.

In the book of Psalms, the chapters written by David when he was running from King Saul are full of times when David called God his strong tower. God pulled David through that entire mess. 

God can and will do the same for us. Run to Him. Let Him protect and love you.
That's why He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment