Friday, March 14, 2014

Is your heart at peace?

Peace is something that I believe everyone wants. It can also mean different things to different people. I'm sure some in the Middle East wish the wars would stop, and that peace would prevail. 

Other people just feel like their life is on over time and too fast....they are always busy and have no rest or peace.

Proverbs 14: 30 says, "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

Peace starts in our hearts. We can get peace from God. 

I believe this is directly connected to being content.

If you are always wishing for something bigger, something better, and more more more... you aren't at peace. Envy will cause you to not be content. 

When you are content with how things are; you are at peace. God can give you that peace.

After all, He has the peace that passes all understanding. I have experienced that peace in my life. 

One HUGE time was when I lost twins. During what I now know was labor, I was going crazy. I even verbally said, "If I lose these babies, ya'll will have to send me to the crazy floor here at the hospital."

God had a better plan. I ended up being put to sleep. And some how, for some reason, I think He touched me while I was asleep... because I woke up in such peace. I felt calm. I felt relaxed. I knew that I had lost my babies, but I wasn't freaking out over it. 

Philippians 4: 6 & 7 says, "Do not worry about anything. Instead, tell God about everything. Ask and pray. Give thanks to Him. 7. Then God's peace will watch over your hearts and your minds because you belong to Christ. God's peace can never be completely understood." NIRV

Do what these verses say. Pray, do not worry, tell God everything and let Him give you the peace you need. He will. He loves you ever so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment