Tuesday, March 11, 2014

God Bless You!

God is still in the "Blessing" business. Back during Bible times, the Jewish people spoke blessings over their families.

There is a funny story about Star Trek. If you've ever seen it, you know that Spock would hold his hand up with his fingers split in half and say, "Live long and prosper." Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played Spock, is Jewish, and this was a Jewish blessing. (Learn something new everyday, don't ya?)


Today, I believe that God still uses us to bless others. I was able to bless someone yesterday, and I am about to do bring a smile to someone's face today that I don't even know. I love this kind of stuff!

God wants us to be joyful. Notice, I didn't say "happy". Happy is based on circumstances and emotions. It is totally fine to be happy, but it doesn't last like joy does.

God loves you and cares about the things you care about. Yes, even the small stuff. 

If you feel like you should do something, and you know it is going to bless someone else, by all means, do it! That is probably God moving in your heart to get you do to it on His behalf. 

Look for opportunities to be a blessing today! Because, honestly, when you bless someone else, you get blessed too!

Live Long and Prosper my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment