Thursday, February 13, 2014

A long lost art

In our modern times, we have lost a great art form. Hand writing. 

Last year was my first Mother's Day as a single mom. The staff at my church mailed out gift certificates for pedicures to all of the single moms, with a card. The card was hand written by my Pastor. He just said that they love me and wanted to do something for me. I was floored! 

My Pastor is a contributor to Twitter, uses his iPad for message notes, you know, he is a typical modern pastor. So, the hand written note was special to me. It actually meant more to me than the gift certificate!

The Bible was all written by hand at one time. They used to use scrolls that rolled up. This is an example of the Old Testament, or Torah, as the Jewish people call it. This is what they read from during their church services.
All of the books in the Bible that Paul wrote were actual letters to churches or people. Hand written letters. 

The reason I think a hand written note is so special is because of the person's time it takes to write it. I've said it before, and I will say it again. Your time is the most valuable gift you can give anyone. 

Think about someone you could write to and do it. It's also nice to get something besides bills and junk in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment