Monday, January 6, 2014

Stop being fake! You are only hurting yourself!

My Pastor's message yesterday was awesome! There are several great nuggets of truth that I want to write about over the next couple of days.

Today's is this: "The beautiful part about following Jesus is you do not have to live a fake life."

I know people who are fake. 

I'm not sure why they like living that way.

Personally, I'd rather just be real and if you don't like me, that's ok. I'm not here to be in a relationship with everyone I meet. 

I will admit... I have had times in my life where I wore a mask. Especially when I went to a traditional church. It was the only way I could get through Sundays and Wednesdays. People thought I had this good marriage, that I was happy at home with my children all day and there were no problems. The reason I couldn't be real with any of them is because a lot of them were being fake too.


Once I stepped away from the legalistic religion stuff, I took that church mask off. 

God knows the truth about all of us. He knows our hearts, after all, that's what He looks at when He looks at us. So, you can not be fake with Him. Jesus is up in heaven right now praying for us, so He too, knows the truth. 

Stop wearing a mask to make people like you. Stop faking a smile and lying when people ask how you are doing.

Honestly, it is harder to live a fake life. If you are doing it or ever have done it, you understand that statement all too well.

Find someone in your life that you can be real with and do it! We were meant for relationship. We were meant to have people pray for us and love us on a daily basis. 


No comments:

Post a Comment