Tuesday, January 7, 2014

To fail or not to fail, that is the question!

I am dealing with a person in my life right now that is causing me to feel like a failure. 

My Pastor said this Sunday, "Failure is not final and it does not define you!" He has also said, "Failure is an event, not a person."

Why are we so quick to call ourselves a failure? (I just text someone this morning that I felt like a failure. So I'm being totally honest here.)

In my case, I have been dealing with this particular person for going on a year and half now. Ok, I will say it. It's one of my sons. I love him to death, but his behavior has gotten out of hand. 

As a mom, I love him unconditionally! Which is why I can not allow his behavior to continue. I do not want to raise a jerk. I do not like my other two children fighting and hating him. 

We are a family. We need to rally the troops, circle the wagons, pull together as one. But my house feels divided! 

I guess, the bigger picture is this... If I was just sitting back and not actively doing anything to help my son change, that actually would be the failure.

The fact that I haven't given up is positive. 

I am just at the end of my rope. So I guess I will tie a knot and hang on! 

God has put some pretty amazing people in my life. I am encouraged on a daily bases. I am prayed for, cared for, and loved. That's what gets me through. 

If you are dealing with a situation or person that is wearing you thin, HOLD ON! God is there and He will help you.

Here is one of my favorite Scriptures. It encourages me and I pray it does the same for you:

Isaiah 41: 10
"So do not be afraid. I am with you.
    Do not be terrified. I am your God.
I will make you strong and help you.
    My powerful right hand will take good care of you.
    I always do what is right."





No comments:

Post a Comment