Friday, January 31, 2014

Laughter really is the best medicine!

Did you know that God has a sense of humor? I mean, after all, He created everything and we have laughter and fun, don't we? I was looking through the Scriptures and came across this in Genesis. I think it is funny.

Genesis 21: 5-7 says, "Abraham was 100 years old when Isaac was born.
And Sarah declared, “God has brought me laughter. All who hear about this will laugh with me. Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse a baby? Yet I have given Abraham a son in his old age!”

One of my really good friends made a beautiful canvas and special ordered me a bracelet with a Scripture on it about laughing. She is someone who I laugh with a lot every time we are together. She is so much fun to hang out with. Laughter can drive away fear and worries. Proverbs 31: 5 says, is "She clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."

In Luke 6:21 Jesus is talking to His disciples about life. He tells them that life can be difficult, and if they are having a hard time now, to hold on, things will get better. One of those returning things will be laughter. "God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh."

Know this, whatever is going on in your life right now, God cares. He loves you and He is not the one hurting you. If things are bad, get on You Tube or Vine and find some funny videos. Watch a funny movie. Do something to laugh. I promise it will lift your spirit and help you feel better. Hang on, because God always has a way of working things out for our good.


No comments:

Post a Comment