Friday, November 8, 2013

Where will you fall?

This will round my week out with music. Today, I was thinking about the lyrics to a Matt Maher song. It is from his song "Lord I need you". It is a spin off of an old hymn.

The part of the song that means the most to me is "And when I can not stand, I'll fall on You. Jesus You're my hope and stay."

Life throws punches. Regularly.

When you can't stand, instead of falling completely into a depressive state, alcohol, or drugs to mask your pain, why not fall on Jesus?

Turn to Him and let Him lift you up. Ask Him for help. Tell Him what you are fighting against. He knows what to do.

Up in heaven right now, Jesus is interceding for us all. God looks down and sees us, but Jesus is like, "Father, be with her, she's one of Our's."

Hebrews 7:25 shows clearly, "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."

You've also got friends and family to help you through situations. God uses them too. Let someone know how you feel and what's going on. Don't keep it bottled up. That's not healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment