Wednesday, November 13, 2013

There Is No End To Love

Kathrine Anne Porter said, "Love must be learned again and again; there is no end to it."

God is love. I've mentioned this in a blog post before, but I think it's worth repeating. 1 John 4:8 says, "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

I think we can somewhat wrap our brains around the fact that there is no end to God. But, I'm sure we've heard people say "I don't love you anymore." This would mean that some humans think there is an end to love. What if the above statement is right? There is no end, it just needs to be relearned.

How do you relearn love?

1. Communication. This goes for anyone. If you want to continue loving someone, or God even, communication has to happen. Real, open, honest communication. Talk to them and then be sure to listen.

2. Quality time. God would just enjoy you praying and reading your Bible. Then, sit in the quiet and listen to see what He says back to you.

Doing something fun with someone is a great way to get to know them.(Or relearn them.) Don't always just sit and watch a movie. That's not really spending time with someone. Play games; any type, cards, board games, dice, whatever. Laugh and enjoy the time. 

3. Don't be selfish. Putting someone's wants and needs above your own is a great way to show love. Being selfish is the fastest way to cause someone to not feel loved. We can be selfish with God by only asking for things instead of actually worshiping Him. Take time to thank Him for your blessings.

4. Love is about relationship. We are bad about throwing the word love around... "I love this food.", "I love that car." "I love this tv show." Real love is grown and develops over time. It is not just a word to be thrown around lightly. 

Take time to really love while you can. Don't let things happen to cause you to feel like love has ended. I believe that you can hurt someone only so many times before they do not want to even be around you anymore. When you do not spend time with someone, love goes away. 
I would really enjoy hearing your thoughts on this today. 
Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment